Stadio Atalanta - Gewiss Stadium
The redevelopment project of the Atleti Azzurri d’Italia stadium, renamed Gewiss Stadium, stems from the dual need of functional adaptation of the sports facility and recovery of the neighboring urban area. The goal is to promote and consolidate the stadium as a structure for both sporting activities and entertainment. The Curva Nord and the Giulio Cesare grandstand have been completely replaced by new grandstands close to the playing field to guarantee an immersive experience for spectators. The new grandstands are wrapped in the facade and covered by light steel reticular structures, for aesthetic and functional reasons, in deliberate contrast with the historical facade which is instead preserved.
The stadium has been adapted to the new UEFA Champions League regulations. Modern facilities for the public are located in the internal circulation spaces, and in the area used for the press and television, as well as completely redesigned the lighting of the pitch. On this occasion, extensive renovation work was carried out on the electrical and mechanical systems relating to the grandstands and underlying areas, but also to the underground car park and urbanization works in the external areas near the stadium.
ESA engineering has been involved in the MEP Design, acoustics, lighting design and urbanization works of the Atalanta “Gewiss” stadium.
Works at the Curva Nord Completed in 2019 - Curva Sud in progress
Surface Area: about 35.000 m²
- Cient: Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio Spa
- Concept Architect: De8 Architetti
- Integrated Design, Structural Design: SCE Project Srl
- MEP Design & Construction Supervision: ESA engineering
- Acoustic Design: ESA engineering
- Lighting Design: ESA engineering
- Fire Safety Design, H&S Counsultancy : Gae Engineering Srl
- Quantity Surveyor & Cost Management: Global Assistance Development Srl
- Photo Credits: tuttoatalanta.com